Friday, August 28, 2009

I´m here. I´m safe. Granada is my new home.

HOLA de GRANADA!
I´m here sitting at the computers at CLM (Centro de Lenguas Modernas). Class starts in 30 minutes and at the moment I am finding it a little difficult to type in english because I´ve been trying my hardest to speak only in spanish. AHH! A little confusing at times. haha.
Let´s see.
Annie and I have been so blessed to be placed in the home that we were. We live with only one woman, but she is amazing and very very motherly. We share a bedroom, Annie and me, that is very simple, but very beautiful and cozy. Our hostmom has been preparing every meal for us.. and all of them are delicious. Chicken, vegetables, different soups, and lots and lots of bread! Every meal we eat bread.. and I am not going to complain. At mealtimes, there is occasional silence amongst us.. in my head I´m trying to formulate questions to ask and unfortunately it still takes me a little while. haha. However, once we ask a question, our host mom will answer it thoroughly.  She loves to tell us about her life and about Spain. About food. About their way of life. Annie and I are like sponges.. trying our best to soak it all up.  Our host mom is so kind and loving and after I told her that I was a little nervous to start school and meet all the other students, she said I have no reason to worry.. that it is doesn´t the color of our skin, if we´re pretty or ugly, where we are from.. we are all children of God. Increible! Yes, this is something I believe and that I think about often, but hearing it from her and in Spanish, a somewhat unfamiliar language... made it seem so much greater. There have been countless times where she teaches us things, things we may already know, but in new ways...

The city of Granada is beautiful. The buildings are so ancient and intricate. The cobblestone streets are narrow and make wandering the city for a long period of time so enjoyable. I can´t wait to explore more.. and of course, post pictures. I promise they are coming. Hopefully this upcoming week, once I am able to use wifi here at school.

I hope you are all doing well. I am excited to share more with you!
For now.. off to class I go to immerse myself in the very beautiful language of Español..
Hasta luego.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment